Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Parallelism: Life=Love? [Romantic Love]

               For a person who's never been in a relationship since she was born, I can attest to this: There is so much more to life than finding a boyfriend or a lifetime partner. In short: There is more to life than romantic love.
               Don't mistake me, though. I have been in love. My first took me about 2 years to get over. And through that experience, I have learned so much. I've laughed so much and I've cried so much. But life goes on, and we'll always have ourselves and our Loving Father up above.


I've searched a bit about this topic and I saw what people had to say about this: Is there more to life than love?
Here are some answers:


"if love is peace and self-worth then no, there is no more to life than that. but if love you mean looking for a person to be with you there is more to life than that. life is living with yourself, it should be enjoyed :)"


"Love doesn't necessarily have to be found within a person, if that is what you're saying. Love can be found within simple things: traveling, a hobby, art, religion, or life itself. Life shouldn't be spent looking for Love, but letting Love find you."


"There's many aspects of life yes, but when everything comes down to the big picture it is love we look for. What's many people goals, to have a career they love or to start a family one day which both of these are based off love. Some people aren't as fortunate and may not be able to do or afford the things they want to do so therefore have a negative perspective on life and love. But if you could have no limits and do everything you wanted, it would all be based on love. Whether is be the car you really want or to go somewhere you really want to go, it's all based off what you love in your dreams to happen. So yeah there's tons of more things out there in life, you don't always have to grow up looking for your soulmate to start a family with, that's the typical route to choose but some people can be much happier just focusing on a career or being alone in life. In generalization though, when it comes down to it love is what we all seek in the end."


          In this post, I am referring to romantic love. It saddens me to think that some people commit suicide because of love, specifically if the ones they love leave them. Life doesn't end when love does. This is not the definition of life.


         Love does hurt so much, and it can make you fall on your knees because of its pain. I've known some people with such extreme tendencies, and it just doesn't make sense to me of the things can do because of this pain caused by love. It disturbs me, because I believe those experiences can be overcome without drastic actions, no matter how it hurts.  


      The common pitfalls of romantic love is emotions. Sometimes, we allow our emotions to swallow us that we tend to forget common sense and sensibility. Emotions can also be destructive. It also causes us to hurt other people when angry. In love, it could be four times more than that.We tend to be blind when we are in love. Our emotions fuel our pain, and so we do things that don't seem good. That's why we should always keep our emotions in check.

It is not because the truth is too difficult to see that we make mistakes... we make mistakes because the easiest and most comfortable course for us is to seek insight where it accords with our emotions - especially selfish ones.
--  Alexander Solzhenitsyn quotes (Russian novelist, Nobel Prize for Literature)


“The sign of an intelligent people is their ability to control their emotions by the application of reason.” --Marya Mannes


           I believe that life is so much more than love. I am a content and happy person, I've always been. Who ever said I can't enjoy life if I don't have boyfriend? I find fulfillment and satisfaction of the many things I do by myself. Trips to the mall, eating by myself, saturday treats for myself, etc. I enjoy all these things and I hope to do so much more in the future. My family and my friends complete my day with their companionship and love. Do I need a boyfriend to feel secure and loved? Definitely not. I can find love in so many things. I want to travel by myself. I want to stay in a bookstore by myself in the whole afternoon. I can reflect more often when I am by myself.


         I find happiness in so many things. I look around me and see how perfectly life works. I lounge around in my room and feel how peaceful it is. 


         I will not deny that I sometimes feel lonely. Yes, I do have my friends, but as you grow older you'd think about what would it be like to have a boyfriend. I think about that I lot. But I'm not ready yet, and I can't rush love when it isn't your time yet. Remember, let love find you because it knows where you are and when you should have it. Romantic love is wonderful, but it is not parallel to life. Life doesn't end when the one you love leaves you. I think it's pretty pathetic to throw your life away when it happens. There is simply so much wonderful things to experience. There are more people around you who love you than your one boyfriend/girlfriend. 


          God forbid I should ever commit suicide if I happen to fall in love so deeply. I strive to keep my sensibility above all things. The only perfect love we could ever find is in Jesus and our Loving Father. He can give me so much more happiness than any human person ever could.


              Life goes on even after relationships end and couples break up. True strength is being able to withstand the great force of the wind, all the while bending in humility like the grass. We have to endure because it's all part of what we experience in life. We don't have to resort to drastic measures, or destroy our lives over one relationship that ended. We can't throw away the life we built for ourselves because of it.



We lived happily before we had relationships. Life continues even after that.




No comments:

Post a Comment