Sunday, July 8, 2012

Blocking out the Sound of Rain

            I enjoy rainy days because the atmosphere is cool, and there are some great scenes to see and observe at times. I guess a lot of people like rain too, for different reasons. And some, well, maybe not. It prevents them from going out. Other than that, it's so nice to sleep on a rainy afternoon.

   

        But ironically though, I also dislike rain at the same time. I dislike the sound it makes when it drips on the roof and on surfaces. When it rains harder, I make a dash for my sound proof earphones. I put it on and I play music, or I simply wear them to drown out the sound of rain. I don't know why, but the sound kind makes me nervous, and a tad bit afraid.


           And no, this is not due to the trauma of typhoon Sendong. I have always been grateful that we were spared from that. I've always had this unease with rain way back. Even in the middle of sleep. When rain starts slapping through the windows, I put my pillows immediately over my ear.

Like right now. Oh yes, the atmosphere is relaxing. But just while before when rain fell on the rooftops, I grabbed by earphones in a second. But it isn't really a big deal though, I can quite deal with it. It rains a lot every year, especially when I'm at school.



 It's just something peculiar about me, though. :D
(The picture on the left is almost the same as how I feel, except the smoking part. *I have never smoked in my life, and I don't want to, okay?* )
*drip, drip, drip*
My earphones look like this,
only it's color is white.

No comments:

Post a Comment