Sunday, July 8, 2012

Living the Sheltered Life

Living the suite life? No. Living the dream life? Not really. The Sheltered Life? Yes.

         As my mother and father were far from living the same life I'm having now during their childhood days, they both knew then what to do with their lives. All the hardships they went through was what motivated them to seek a better life in the future. My mother's story is one full of endurance and sacrifice, my father's story is one of hard work, perseverance and a solid vision.

        My mother didn't really grow up with a father, while my father had to work to support his studies, barely having able to take the final exam without the financial help of his teacher.

           I've been hearing these stories since I was a child, and I've always taken them to heart. My mother and father's stories are living proofs that there is always a way, no matter how difficult life can get. They want to instill the same values they learned to me and my sister. We can't curse life, and neither can we condemn it for whatever circumstances we get ourselves into. Everything we encounter is a challenge. Every difficult trials we face at a big part of our lives has its purpose.

           My life now is the vision my parents want for their family. Financially independent, comfortable, love, family-oriented and just enough to enjoy and afford life's pleasures. I've been educated in a private school, I've been able to go to places and take vacations, and my parents have been able to give most of the things I asked for. Same goes to my sister. Now she's working and independent, also living the life she wants for herself and for her future.

           I'd say my life has been wonderful. My parents get along so well, they really guided us and taught us what we needed to learn. My sister has also been equally wonderful and supportive. We're not that really rich, perhaps just enough to live comfortably.

           I know I have been sheltered throughout my life. My parents didn't want me to experience the same things they did before. They did what they could to give me the opportunities they couldn't have before. And because of this, I'll never entirely understand the difficulties that other people go through.

          MSU-IIT is a state university, and there are a lot of students who go there juggle their studies with financial issues. I've known a lot of people who have these problems, it is really sad. Whenever they are struggling, I think of my parents and all they've been through. I can't understand how they feel and what their thoughts are when they go through these problems. I don't know how they must feel so burdened, and how it must be so unbearable at times. I hope though, that no one will take me differently just because I'm not going through the same things they are.

            I'm really a quiet person, not saying much. But when it comes to serious things, sometimes I just can't stand not saying anything. I am a firm believer of better things to come, and I am really optimistic. To those who have their problems, especially my friends, I would lend so much of my time, my ears and give support. I may not really relate to what they're going through, but hopefully I want to give reassurance and encouragement(though I really hate ending up sounding like a know-it-all. : p ).


             I too, have my struggles. I too, have my disappointments, depressions, heartaches, sticky situations and seemingly unbearable problems. I too, have my moments of weakness. Don't think for one second that I have a problem-free life. We all go through difficulties, and no one is exempted fro them. Whatever I could give, I would. I think I'm good at listening. Whatever I can help with, I'd be glad to. :D


               At least for me who might be living the sheltered life, I would share so much of my happy thoughts, optimism and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment