Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Coffee Cravings

White Mocha Frappe
--Coffee Works Iligan
I am a person who loves coffee. But I am not addicted to it.

               Whenever I eat at a restaurant, a cafe or I'm at the mall, there are times that I just want to enjoy a good cup of coffee. But I prefer cold coffee such as frappes and shakes.
                The number one reason I drink coffee is for me to stay awake when I need to. Hectic weeks, sleepless nights. I need coffee!
                 Coffee is refreshing(cold coffee, of course), satisfying, sweet, relaxing and comforting. In fact, there are times that coffee becomes my comfort drink, next to milk tea.
                 Lattes are the best in keeping me awake. I just recently drank latte when I was eating at Zoey's Cafe with my best friends, and I was so energized that night that I was able to get a lot of work done.
             Whenever I'm in Cebu, there are days when I stroll around the mall the entire afternoon until 12 midnight because my sister works during those hours. My afternoon is spent scouring the entire mall, but around 3-4pm in the afternoon, I go to the Fully Booked Bookstore(my favorite bookstore), pick up a book, and read the entire afternoon away just sitting on their reading space. That's what so great about Fully Booked, people can just sit on the rug at the left side of the store and read books or chat. I then have dinner with my sister, but she has to go back to work after and finish her shift. After dinner, I walk around their mini-park at the center and enjoy the cool air.
               Two hours before my sister picks me up at the mall, I go to a coffee shop and enjoy a richly satisfying cup of warm coffee to complete my day. Two relaxing hours just sitting there sipping coffee and reading a good book before I go home.
               But I don't drink often, to avoid being dependent on it. Tea is still my favorite beverage.

              Nevertheless, coffee is coffee. And I still love it. I crave coffee.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment