Wednesday, May 9, 2012

When I Saw Him, I Felt Sad





When I saw him, I immediately felt a wave of sadness, almost like I wanted to cry.







           
 I happened to bump into him, and I definitely got mixed feelings when I saw him.

               I met him so long ago, and he was one of the few people I admired so much. Definitely one of the best people I've met, one whom I can say touched a lot of people.

               When I first met him, he showed a part of myself that I could make better. He taught me a lot of things, and ultimately brought out a talent that I so proudly carry all my life. With his mentoring and guidance, I overcame a lot of things, and somehow I broke out of my shell. That was the beginning of so many opportunities for me to improve myself. As well as the opening of so many possibilities of what I could be. That talent really helped me a lot, in so many ways beyond my count.

                And so, you're probably wondering why I felt sad. No, definitely not the reason that he became different now. Far from that. In fact, he's doing way better. We haven't seen each other in a really long while.

                Truth is, I liked him. I really did. And being private me, no one really knew it. And that feeling so long ago became a special memory I keep.

               I really can't explain why I felt sad. I, in all honestly, felt like crying. And the sadness washing through me made my insides feel dry. It felt like I just wanted to sit down and stare into nothingness. For a moment, I lost the ability to maintain my composure and to maintain a contented mood. I felt like hugging someone for a good long time without saying a word. It's as if something heavy weighed me down. Memories run through my head, and I think of all the happy things that won't ever happen again.

                 Perhaps it's because I subconsciously missed him, or that he would never know how I felt. I just found myself faced with an unexplainable sadness when I saw him.We talked a bit about how we were doing, and some past experiences. Things are definitely different now. Life has changed.

                 And as I waved my hand in goodbye, I felt a small surge of good feelings in my heart. I knew then that life will continue to bless us, and that God has many more surprises for my life.

                  I smiled and continued reading my book once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment