Tuesday, February 28, 2012

On a Guy I Like and A Girl That is Me



500 Days of Summer
(http://www.nt2099.com/J-ENT/blu-ray/500days-d.jpg)
                
              A talk with one of my closest friends just this afternoon helped me redeem my pride and my worth. It's not like I've lost the two, but I sometimes forget them in some rather heart-related issues.
               So, after gathering opinions of people, I have come to the conclusion that the guy I supposedly liked turns out to be just one of those guys who charm a lot of girls just for the heck of it. And perhaps juggling a one girl after another. [Seriously, if you(the guy) are reading this post, then it sure is your responsibility to prove me wrong.] I am merely stating what I feel, and what is often particularly obvious.


               First, when a guy whom you've recently met and became friends with invites you to eat with him on Valentines Day, I'm pretty sure that implies something. Even just as simple as an interest or a like for that person. And what happens when he keeps on cancelling and moving? That's certainly enough to get the girl's nerves wracking. A guy who likes a girl makes her his priority. And he certainly did not make me feel that way. And so, when the girl does not reply to his text that says he will make up for it, that's a simple show of a girl shying away from him out of irritation or annoyance. If the guy really likes the girl, then he would understand and keep his word, and will eventually text the girl in the hopes of being given a second chance. And as it turns out, no further communication comes from the guy. POOF. And he's suddenly invisible in your life. A week and a half is enough to make that conclusion. Oh, do not even try and tell me that it was the girl's fault. What more when the guy doesn't reply after the girl has made the first move of apologizing, even for the mistakes that most certainly was not hers? And so, that is my story.
               Moving on, my last post tells you that I still have mixed feelings for this situation, just wondering what really happened and hoping that things will be alright. I do admit, that it does not sit well with me that I think I have a conflict with someone. He does not talk to me, so what I can I do about that? And my mind's just been wondering and thinking about the whole situation. I realize the situation is just so simple, that it certainly doesn't need complications because it really is simple. I've been thinking so hard of wanting things to be alright when I should have seen some things that were already obvious. And I am forever grateful to my true friends who keeps me in touch with reality and my common sense. They point out obvious things and help me see the truth. And in doing so, they protect me from turning stupid. And after this afternoon, I don't think I need to wonder anymore. 


               I AM FREE ONCE MORE.


               So here's what they tell me: My close friend Rea tells me that after scanning his profile pictures, that 'thou shall not trust him'. He has some profile pics of him and another girl. She also tells me that if he really likes me, then he'll be the first one to make the move. Okay, noted.
               Next, my another close friend Cherry was sharing to me problems with her boyfriend, and a kuya(older brother) I know comes and joins in our conversation. And so I asked him about my situation, so it would be on a guy's point of view. He says to me that the guy was either playing around just for the heck of it or worse, using me as a second option(like as a backup) if things didn't work out with another girl he's after. It was then that I realized all along what I was blind. I should have seen it. His profile picture with him holding a cake and a bouquet, and some rather fishy comments that Cherry pointed out to me. What's more, her boyfriend has a buddy who happens to be the guy's cousin. Cherry told me that her boyfriend told her that I should be careful of him. He dates a lot of models and other people of the same type and well, beauty. Cherry was even once in a jeepney with him, and they were looking at each other. And that's because the guy knows Cherry is my close friend and of course Cherry knows him too.
                 And so the moon crashed down on me. I should have seen right through him. I should have seen what his intentions were, what he wanted from me and what he didn't. I have this tendency of constantly believing in people being good and all. It's why I keep on hoping. But it's not doing me any good. Thankfully I did not reach the point of defending him from my friends, because I'd rather listen to my friends who are true to me than my inner stubbornness that still likes him. I have always prayed that I would not be blinded, and that I shall listen to people to save me from doing the wrong things. And in doing so, I have freed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment