Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Last Poem Before the Air went Away

My best friends and I exchange poems, so it's no wonder why we sort of excel in writing stuff. :D

           This poem pairs the one before this. Yes, this time, this is the poem I wrote for my best friend Joanna when she was admitted to the hospital, during the summer of 2007. And just in case you're wondering, each one of us in the group holds an element[a fruit of our imaginations]. And she was air.

           This was the poem I wrote for her in the time she was in a coma.


Dear Joanna,

Through all those times I've faced some trials,
You went with me a thousand miles
When I break down and fall,
You catch me with no hesitation at all.
You hold my hand close in yours,
And then gently saying,
'"Together we travel the course."
And this you always were,
From now until forever.
And when it comes that you're in pain,
I'll come running even through the rain.
This time I'll hold your hand in mine,
And never let go til I'm sure you're fine.
Your family's there when you are sick,
Along with me, twins, Kyra and Nik.
We're here standing right beside you
To be your support in everything you do.
I'll be right here, best buddy,
So count on me 'cause I'll be handy.
Don't give up and don't ever do,
Because you've still got a will inside of you,
Who'll fight when you tell it so.
Please get well, Joanna,
And all of us will be waiting,
On your road to recovery.

From Your Best Buddy,
Aiko


But she never did recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment