Thursday, January 31, 2013

Dreams; With a hint of a Subconscious Activity

      I've been dreaming from the past two nights.

      Both of those dreams conjured up a past I had already left behind.
      What could be stranger to me right now than to be a with a person in that dream who already left me in reality? Stranger still to dream about a dead loved one in a totally different scenario?
I am a little bit superstitious about dreams since they have served as a warning for me in some occasions. But I wonder what caused those scenes to appear dreams when I slept?
Moreover, I could clearly remember the dream when I wake up.

        This brings me to think about the subconscious mind. I've read in several articles that a lot of dreams are connected to the subconscious and the thoughts stored in it. Others say that a persons and things that appear in a dreams are mere symbols. Still, many dream interpretations suggest that that dream is connected to the person you see in the dream. And others say that dreams are an alternate situation the dreamer encountered. Were I to relate this to my case, perhaps there were things in the past that were etched into my subconscious, causing those dreams to appear. Buried feelings, attachments, regrets? Maybe so. But it seems absurd to me.

      The subconscious mind is definitely a mystery, even until now. No one can completely show a clear pictures of its workings. Combine dreams and the subconscious, you have a handful of mysteries what they really mean.

      I just don't see the purpose of having those dreams. It's not as if whatever happened in it will change reality; it is really highly unlikely that circumstances may change. But I still believe that they hold some kind of meaning, and it is really hard to figure what it exactly means.

      I have to admit though, that dreams sometimes are really funny. One afternoon, I was really struggling to remember something but I really couldn't. That night, my dream showed me the answer of what I was trying to remember! All hail, the subconscious! :D

        It would be a long time before anyone truly figures out the subconscious. And for dreams? They may have meaning, they may have answers to questions and they might be trying to tell you something about you and other people. 


But maybe dreams are sometimes just plain dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment