Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Thesis.Was.Kind.Of.Hell


      I couldn't imagine a time in my college life that was worse than thesis.
      I WENT THROUGH A LOT.
     My patience was severely tested, my stress levels went up notches, I was missing classes for sleep, I was swearing beyond the count of my body parts and I've cried my heart out more than once in a span of a week.

      I was sort of doubting the survival of my sanity when everything would end. It may seem a bit much, but I knew what I went through was something I wouldn't ever want to repeat in this lifetime.

      I barely got any sleep, I was getting dead tired of looking at codes and I kept on wanting to hug the floor and give up. But the thesis had to be finished for the sake of Kuya. Good thing Cherry was my thesis-mate too or I would've gone bonkers for good. =)

        Needless to say, me and Kuya had opposites personalities. we argued ALMOST EVERY FREAKIN' TIME. It was becoming so frustrating, and I was simply stretched and exhausted beyond me. Despite that, we were both serious with doing what we needed to do.

        And also, everyday was a deadline. There was always something to be done that day, and newer deadlines pop up everyday. Every week was a routine of brunches and then school, then an overnight. I almost missed a final exam because I forgot. But thank God it was moved.

       Even the defense day was a mix of thunderstorms with a sunny day only appearing at the end. Something went wrong with our website, we were hastily editing the documents, and our presentation wasn't even half ready. Our schedule for defense was at 4pm. We started at 5.45pm.

       But Thank God and His Blessings, our oral defense went well because we were all able to answer the questions of the panel well, despite numerous errors in the documents and the presentation. I thought for sure we were all screwed.

THEN YAY!!!
We.Were.Finally.Done.With.Our.Defense.

         The panel accepted our thesis, but with revisions in the documents. And by now, we are done editing and the bookbinding is finished.
YAY!!! YAY!!! YAY!!!

          Looking back at the experience, I feel like thorns removed themselves from me. It was such an enormous relief, and I feel so so so grateful to have survived. I could no longer imagine what exactly I've been through, and I don't ever want to go through that again.
         For now, I'm just relaxing. I'm trying to de-stress, just doing what I want to do. I AM FEELING AND SAVORING MY FREEDOM.

         I still feel weary, and I want this feeling to go away
         But I am happy and grateful that I survived such an experience.

Next Chapter. 
           

1 comment: