Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Family

         Most families nowadays aren't really verbal with their expression of love for one another. Some only say it on birthdays, or on special occasions. But that doesn't mean they've stopped showing it.
Most, in all subtlety, show their love through daily gestures around their families.

         Beyond the everyday scoldings of our mothers, beyond the annoying siblings that take our things without permission, beyond the expectations that we need to fulfill, there exists the message of love that they convey to us in so many other ways.
My family. That's me at the very right.
And a lot of us have to learn to see it, because not all people realize the message of care and concern behind common family gestures.

         My mom, for instance, buys me special foods whenever she knows I'm sick. Even if its just the normal pain of a monthly thing, she goes out and brings me home one of my favorite eats. My mom and dad also prioritize me over everything they need to do. Even something as simple as getting hungry after church, my mom and dad would postpone stopping by somewhere just to get me home immediately to eat. I may have a habit of eating late everyday, but that doesn't stop my parents from getting me home at the next instant when I happened to get hungry. There are lots of other things, I know, and I love them for it.

Me and my pretty sister.
          I also go to Cebu often because of my sister. She pays for my tickets, and all other things during my stay. I get the feeling that it is because she misses the family. She can hardly go home because of the demands of work, so she lets us come here often, especially on holidays. I'm also currently in Cebu for the sembreak. I also missed my sister terribly.
           Most of the time I just go around the mall with the pocket money she gave me. Let me say that while some families just shower their kids with cash, my sister pays for me because I know she really wants me to enjoy myself. She wants me to have fun during my stay, especially during the times she has to go to work, leaving me strolling around Cebu by myself.

          While this generation may not commonly have verbal strings of 'I love yous' and 'I miss yous', it never means that the love in families has diminished.

          You'll never get to choose your family. So love them always.

          They do care, in ways most of us have yet to realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment