Saturday, August 11, 2012

Respected and Dignified

       It amazes me how some people I've shortly met years ago are now people who are highly respected in their own colleges. They are now people who have the brilliant mind to speak out about what our society needs, and the capacity to initiate a change.

       I don't know if I am mistaken with the type of person I really wish to be, but I too want to be heard. I want to grow into a person to be respected, one who is sure of her beliefs and opinions. Not afraid to face uncertainties, and most of all, not to be afraid to fight, and face rejection. I want to know how to carry myself with dignity and confidence.
     
       I want to be a person whom people cannot belittle.

       I also want to be someone who is independent, so I don't have to be a burden to anyone. It is one of the things I hate the most. I want to learn how to deal with my own problems, and be strong enough to deal with my own pain. I want to aim higher, and see myself fulfill my own dreams.


      And despite all these, I don't want to let my pride win me. I want to remain down-to-earth, and I don't want to lose common sense and practicality. I want to speak, yet know when to be silent. I would always want to remain being me, no matter how I show myself physically.

       I want to be useful, and I want to help people. I want to be the fruit of what I worked for.


 I want to be who I want to be. And carry all these things with quiet dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment